Buckwheat Pancake – Recipe
Serves – 4
50 g buckwheat flour (kuttu atta)
50 g brown rice flour
1 egg, beaten
300 ml milk
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 green or red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 small brinjal chopped
4 large tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato puree
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Place flours and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg, and then gradually stir in half the milk and oil. Beat thoroughly until smooth. Add the remaining milk.
- Heat a flat base pan and add a few drops oil. Pour in one tablespoon of the batter, lifting the pan to coat the bottom evenly. Cook until the underside is brown, then turn over and cook for few seconds. Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the batter.
- For the filling, heat oil in a pan and cook the onion until softened. Add the garlic, pepper and brinjal and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Divide the filling between pancakes, roll up and place in an oiled shallow ovenproof dish.
- Top with grated cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 1900 C, for 15 minutes
- Serve hot.
Note: Buckwheat can be substituted with Ragi flour.
Comment on this Post